Appraiser I is a licensed appraiser with fewer than 5 years of experience as a licensed appraiser. Depending on the property type, appraisers at this level generally require supervision from more senior appraisers and require more extensive internal review of appraisal product.
This series of appraisers have a license from the State of California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers. Separate classification levels are based on tenure and experience in preparing appraisals for a wide variety of clients. They are experienced in the valuation of commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural and other types of properties and property rights. The levels indicate not only experience but also the level of appraisal licensure held with the State of California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers. Those individuals with limited experience work under the direction of a more experienced appraiser.
- Manages a workload of appraisal assignments which includes:
- Multiple appraisals of various property types and locations.
- Communicates with the Appraisal Manager regarding appraisal progress.
- Communicates with appraisers on their team and other divisions of the company regarding valuation issues.
- Exercises sound judgment (including appropriate handling of sensitive information) particularly in dealing the public and firms which have business with Bender Rosenthal, Inc.
- Tracks deadlines associated with their own appraisal assignments and ensure s that assignments are completed on time, with a sense of urgency and within budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in basic computer use (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint).
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university is required.
- 0 to 5 years of experience as a licensed appraiser is required.
- California Certified General Appraisal License is required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for 6-8hrs per day.
- Ability move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Ability to type and operate a computer consistently throughout the workday.
- Ability to use headphones and earpiece on a regular basis.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to travel through California.
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org