Vice President Project Delivery So Cal
The acquisition agent represents the client and is the primary point of contact for property owner negotiations.
- Acts as primary point of contact for the property owner.
- Prepares all First Written Offer (FWO) documents (as approved by client) including purchase agreement, deeds, escrow instructions, and summary statements.
- Prepares correspondence and communications with property owners.
- Maintains thorough diary of events/contacts with property owners.
- Clears title issues addressed in escrow instructions, including securing necessary documents from property owner.
- Participates in project team meetings to provide status updates, as scheduled.
- Works with Project Coordinator to request payments to owner for appraisal reimbursement and/or close escrow.
- Works with Project Coordinator and project manager to close files
- Works with Project Manager to resolve property owner issues during acquisition and project construction.
- Coordinates efforts with Relocation Agent to ensure property owner is informed.
- Keeps Project Manager informed regarding counter-offers and/or issues developing with property owners (before, during or after construction).
- Prepares administrative settlements for review by Project Manager and/or request for appraisal revision, as necessary.
- Prepare Summary of Contacts, in the event of impasse, and Resolution of Necessity if required
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in basic computer use (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint).
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university
- 1-5 years of experience acquiring properties for public agencies with State and/or Federal oversight required.
- Current State of California license as a Real Estate Broker or Real Estate Salesperson required. Real Estate Salespeople must register their license under BRI’s Corporate Broker.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for 6-8hrs per day.
- Ability move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Ability to type and operate a computer consistently throughout the workday.
- Ability to use headphones and earpiece on a regular basis.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to travel through Northern/Southern California.