Land Agent Supervisor or Non-Agency Acquisition Supervisor
Under supervision of the Land Agent Supervisor, maintains records of land use and land activity, assists in preparing various reports and performs other clerical tasks in relation to land transactions as necessary. Conducts land rights research for either linear projects or specific locations. Uses Excel for summarizing large amounts of information for clients as well as for job tracking. Uses various databases to determine ownership of properties as well as provide field agents with up- to-date contact information. Submits all work to Senior Land Agents for Quality Control.
This is an entry/mid-level position and requires a certain level of independence to organize, plan, and complete work to meet deadlines and expected outcomes. The type of work may vary based on the day and assigned tasks.
- Creates spreadsheets, enters data and maintains records for land rights.
- Current land ownership informatio
- Determines property ownership and gathers relevant owner information.
- Contacts city, county or governmental offices in order to collect or confirm findings.
- Locates and compiles real property documents, interprets/summarizes documents on a spreadsheet.
- Deed plots legal descriptions to accurately portray bearings and boundaries.
- Determines land rights with land documents – Line Review or Determination of Rights.
- Contacts customers with work notifications.
- Issue s property notifications or mailers to owners and tenants.
- Negotiates with customers to obtain necessary contracts and agreements.
- Utilizes Google Earth Pro to map easements and articulate the placement, boundaries and GIS spatial coordinates of real property documents.
- Tracks customer communications in format designated by client.
- Tracks deadlines and reports project milestones.
- Uses of Photoshop for client maps delineating documents boundaries.
- Caltrans: contact the appropriate district (1-12) personnel to acquire right of way mapping.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in basic computer use (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint).
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university
- 1-2 years job experience required.
- Current State of California license as Real Estate Salesperson preferred. Real Estate Salespeople must register their license under the BRI’s Corporate Broker.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for 6-8hrs per day.
- Ability move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Ability to type and operate a computer consistently throughout the workday.
- Ability to use headphones and earpiece on a regular basis.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to travel through Northern/Southern California.