Manager Acquisition, Research & Project Coordinator
The Production Assistant is an integral part of the BRI Team. This position requires a high degree of attention to detail and good time management skills. The Production Assistant works closely with the Appraisal staff to finalize appraisal reports and provides clerical support to other units as needed. The position works in a variety of activities including filing, answering the phone, organizing documents, formatting reports, and greeting clients.
- Proofreads/edits materials from hardcopy or electronic format for finalization to ensure documents (e.g., letters, reports, memos, charts) are free from typographical errors (e.g., grammatical, punctuation, spelling errors) utilizing personal computer, reference materials, dictionary, or following oral and/or written instruction.
- Formats written documents using Microsoft Word or Excel to ensure consistency with company standards.
- Responds in writing (e.g., email, memos) to inquires or requests for information (internal and external) to assist in answering questions.
- Sends out information that has been requested by individuals, management or clients.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of information on paper, computer documents and/or records.
- Responds to inquiries via telephone (e.g., screens and routes calls, and/or takes messages) or in person to provide quality information and customer service on procedures and services of the company as directed.
- Screens telephone calls to elicit information regarding nature of the inquiry, and determine appropriate personnel staff to route the call.
- Summarizes information from recorded messages noting party, contact information and nature of phone call to accurately present information to the intended recipient.
- Responds to requests for information (internal and external) by collecting necessary information/data from staff to complete assigned task or work projects.
- Follows up on requests/correspondence to ensure that replies are prepared and mailed.
- Provides customer service to staff and/or the public by distributing information and/or referring customers to appropriate records/resources utilizing copiers, email, personal computers, reference materials, and/or office procedures, or following oral and/or written instruction.
- Communicates tactfully with frustrated individuals in order to appease individuals or minimize tension in the workplace.
- Orders office supplies as needed or requested by staff utilizing company procedures (e.g., inventory log, request forms, office/equipment catalogs) to ensure proper material is acquired for day-to-day operation.
- Reports office equipment malfunctions to appropriate individuals and follows up to ensure problem is being addressed.
- Inventories and maintains supplies/equipment to ensure that staff have sufficient supplies and working equipment.
- Operates various office machines/equipment (e.g., photocopier, fax, personal computer, calculator) to complete assigned duties following oral and/or written instruction.
- Prepares envelopes/packages for mailing including confidential materials (e.g., copying, addressing, sorting, stuffing, assembling) utilizing copiers and/or sorting techniques/equipment, following oral and/or written instruction.
- Processes external outgoing mail to ensure labeling is accurate for mailing.
- Processes incoming mail including confidential materials (e.g., receives, opens,date/time stamps, logs, sorts) to properly distribute various materials using letter opener, date/time stamp machine and/or sorter, following oral and/or written instruction.
- Inputs data and information into spreadsheets using applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, DataComp ).
- Completes forms (e.g., training requests, travel requests, supply forms) to obtain work related services and/or information.
- Processes incoming forms, records, or other documents to ensure accurate and timely distribution.
- Greets visitors to the department and refers them to the appropriate location to ensure no disruption occurs to the working environment.
- Organizes and maintains electronic copies of printed files and folders.
- Files materials (e.g., documents, manual revisions) using various filing systems(e.g., alphabetic, chronological, numeric, subject matter) to organize and maintain documents for future reference utilizing binders, folders, indexes, alpha/numeric sorter, office procedures and/ or electronic databases.
- Searches for files/folders or documents to locate needed or requested information.
- Organizes office database by creating and labeling files, placing subsequent files into appropriate folders using various organizational methods (e.g., alphabetical, semantic, numerical).
- Creates file folders using labels, personal computers, cross reference file, for various documents (e.g., cases, contracts, projects, history, subject, classification, billing) to ensure material is arranged and maintained properly for future reference, as directed.
- Facilitates the follow-up to any matters/materials that are time-sensitive or appear to be falling behind schedule by contacting the appropriate parties to assist in the resolution of any issues that are preventing the completion of the work.
- Documents results of research to supervisor or individual requesting information.
- Gathers information from technical staff, customers, and other individuals in order to provide information for appropriate staff when requested by a supervisor or other staff.
- Communicates with others in orally or in writing to gather information pertinent to complete work assignments.
- Performs basic arithmetic computations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) to compute/compile basic statistical data, ordering supplies, completing timesheets, utilizing automated office equipment (e.g., calculator, personal computer) following oral and/or written instruction.
- Ensures security or confidentiality of records, equipment, and/or computer access.
- Provides guidance and direction to other/new employees. Other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in basic computer use (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint).
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• High School Diploma or GED or completion of secretarial or business school program is required.
• 3 years clerical or administrative experience preferred.
• None Required
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for 6-8hrs per day.
- Ability move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Ability to type and operate a computer consistently throughout the workday.
- Ability to use headphones and earpiece on a regular basis.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.