Vice President, Marketing
This is a dynamic position that requires flexibility in schedule to meet deadlines and the ability to shift priorities frequently while maintaining attention to detail and achieving high quality standards. Position is responsible for the creation and production of proposal documents/RFP responses, along with varied marketing administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the maintenance of proposal tracking documents, resumes, project descriptions, and the company website. Must be able to multi‐task, function effectively under strict production deadlines and time constraints, schedule work load to meet deadlines, and be able to efficiently manage time. The position supports a company-wide marketing team.
- Assists with and attends pre‐proposal positioning activities which may include client meetings, client mapping, messaging, and internal pursuit discussions.
- Analyzes solicitations and/or client requirements to layout proposal strategy.
- Manages all aspects of the process for proposal development from receipt of proposal/bid requirements through delivery of proposal/bid submittals.
- Manages proposal‐related meetings, including kickoff meetings; project approach/methodology meetings, as well as, proposal status reviews.
- Prepares and manages detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines and compliance matrices.
- Consistently and clearly communicates deadlines and draft review expectations to other departments, teaming partners, and subcontractors.
- Creates and maintains Outlook invitations for proposal status reviews and other proposal milestones.
- Coordinates proposal writing assignments with the proposal team members, including page estimates, win themes, and proposal templates.
- Produces initial and final proposal drafts for review by proposal team.
- Manages proposal versioning and quality control to ensure that all proposals meet compliance for submittal.
- Produces proposal submissions, both electronic and paper versions.
- Maintains current personnel resumes, project descriptions, other qualifications documents as necessary for proposal.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in basic computer use (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint
- Advanced user capabilities with Microsoft PowerPoint and InDesign.
- Familiarity with online research and proposal delivery.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Self-starter requiring minimum oversight, with ability to work remotely.
- Works well in a team environment when team is spread over entire state.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, Engineering, Planning, or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of comparable professional experience in Marketing, Communications, Business Development or a related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading and producing proposals for government/public clients.
- Intensive and diversified knowledge of proposal principles in the coordination and production of proposals, particularly for the public sector.
- None Required
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for 6-8hrs per day.
- Ability move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Ability to type and operate a computer consistently throughout the workday.
- Ability to use headphones and earpiece on a regular basis.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.